ABOUT COOKIESA cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and to identify users returning to a website.Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
COOKIES ON THIS WEBSITEWe use both session cookies and persistent cookies on this website.
· to recognise your computer when you visit our website;
· to track you as you navigate our website, and to enable certain features, such as bookmarking content and logging in.
· to improve the website’s usability;
· to analyse the use of our website;
· in the administration of this website;
· to prevent fraud and improve the security of the website;
· to personalise our website for you, including targeting advertisements which may be of particular interest to you.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
You may also be sent third party cookies when using our website.